Organizational Communication break down
In this post i will break down chapter 5 in our reputational management textbook, on organizational communication.
Define: The process of aligning employees “hands, minds and hearts” with the organizations reputational interests-as a way to produce competitive advantage.
- Getting employees aligned with company’s vision is essential to reputation management.
- Employee behavior and employee erformance has to be aligned with reputational interests, and have a strong sense of communication within the organization in order to build a strong reliable reputation.
A few obstacles to avoid/overcome:
- Employees focus/attention being in the right place.
- Clarity for ones position requirements.
- Distraction from things irrelevant to company/brand mission.
- Productive environment in the workplace.
- Have enforced regulations/boundaries.
- Have realistic training dealing with real life issues to be sure objective is communicated clearly.
- Align code of ethics/mission statement with daily actions. Live out your mission statement.
- Rehearse with employees to a near perfection before approaching customers and clients.
- Uphold company’s name/reputation.