Integrated Communication (Notes)
What is Integrated Communication?
-A dynamic communication practice aimed at advancing not just the marketing plan, but the overall operating or business plan of the firm and in so doing aligning brand with reputation.
- Unilateral messaging no longer works
- Communication must now be two-way/interdependent on creating dialogue and collaboration
- Leadership must be distributed throughout the organization
The Role of Marketing: Get and Keep Customers
-The primary task of marketing
- to identify what is valued
- and then to deliver it to the target market that values it the most
-Web involvement allows marketers to better understand two key positioning questions
- Who are the potential customers?
- Does the product fit their needs?
*The marketing mix consists of the “4 P’s”
The role of communication:
-The social network multilogue
-How to lead in the new model
-The expanded role of measurement
- Effective persuasion
- Bridging gaps
- Corporate branding
-Vision, values, and purpose
-New corporate presence
Best Practices in Integrated Communication:
1.Think like a business manager, with a communications hat
All notes/information posted comes from Reputation Management (Not yet in print), to purchase the available edition visit here.