Crisis Communication (notes)
What is a crisis?
-A crisis is a non-routine event that risks undesired visibility that in turn threatens significant reputational damage.
Companies need to be prepared in two ways for crises:
- They need to understand what constitutes a crisis in the first place
- They need an early warning system
Is it a crisis?
-Ask these questions
- Is this a non-routine event?
- Does it risk undesired visibility?
- Would that undesired visibility in turn threaten reputational damage?
*If the answer to one or more of these is yes, than you have a crisis.
- Timeliness of response
- Control the communication agenda
- Deal with rumors
All notes/information came from Reputation management (not yet in print), to purchase the last version visit here.